Cram Packet: April
Create a Chart and a set of notes to assist you.
Multiple Choice Samples
- Life of the Upper Classes
- The Manner of Roman Charity [At this Site]
- Practical Public Beneficence [At LacusCurtius]
An inscription, incl-g a photo, transcription, translation and brief commentary, of another typical witness to Roman euergetism.
- Pliny the Elder (23/4-79 CE): Natural History, XXXIII.6: Luxury in the Use of Rings [At this Site]
- Pliny the Elder (23/4-79 CE): Natural History, XXXIII.47: A Wealthy Roman's Fortune [At this Site]
- Statius (45-96 CE): Silvae, II.2 A Roman Seaside Villa [At this Site][added 7/2/98 to Rome page]
- Pliny the Younger (61/62-113 CE): Letters, III.1: The Life of a Refined Roman Gentleman [At this Site]
- WEB The Eastern Port of Kenchreai [At Internet Archive, from Mt. Holyoke]